Taos Land Trust – Operations Manager
Position: Taos Land Trust’s Operations Manager manages office administrative function and provides
high level, confidential administrative support to the Executive Director. The Operation Manager’s primary
responsibilities include office management, maintaining data systems, supporting HR and Accounting,
supporting fundraising and communications. This position is often privy to sensitive information and as
such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
This position reports to the Executive Director and supports all staff members to ensure organizational
effectiveness and contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies
and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors. Specific responsibilities of this
• Support accounts payable and HR in conjunction with ED and contract accountant and CPA.
• Provide support to ED including calendar, correspondence, handling information requests, travel
arrangements and coordinating meetings.
• Assist the Board with scheduling meetings, logistics, sending requested materials and taking
minutes at board meetings.
• Coordinate the smooth function of the office including greeting visitors, answering phones, email,
postal mailings, filing, photocopying, maintaining office equipment and stocking office supplies.
• Arrange and coordinate meetings including any necessary follow-up.
• Coordinate organizational information technology and maintain office needs.
• Maintain landowner information packets and materials in consultation with the Stewardship Director.
DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT:
• Implement the communications plan and social media outreach, including Facebook, Instagram and monthly e-newsletter in coordination with our staff and communications consultant.
• Process and record donations/gifts and prepare acknowledgements in consultation with the ED and
• Support ED and Associate Director in preparing grant reports.
• Provide logistical support and coordinate the promotion of all TLT special events and donor prospect events in consultation with the ED and Associate Director.
• Maintain TLT’s contact database and emails lists.
• Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
• Represent the Taos Land Trust at various public outreach events and manage table, displays and literature selections.
• Coordinate the production of direct mail campaigns with Associate Director and Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong initiative, the ability to work independently or as part of a team and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience using a variety of database software and demonstrated ability to obtain proficiency with
• Ability to represent the organization professionally and publically.
• Ability to interact in an effective and professional manner with people of diverse backgrounds including
staff, board members, donors, volunteers, business leaders, government officials, etc.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Ability to physically assist with loading and unloading materials, equipment associated with events.
• Two to five years related work experience
• Minimum Associates Degree in related field.
• Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
This position pays between $34,000 and $39,000, depending upon experience. We offer 100% health care
and dental benefits for employee.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume by November 15, 2017 to Kristina@taoslandtrust.org. We
will not consider applications sent after this date. The Taos Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer.