Rio Fernando de Taos Revitalization Collaborative
CONTRACT DATE: February – December 2018
GOAL: Develop a communications and outreach plan and strategy for the Rio Fernando de Taos Revitalization Collaborative including website, media kit, messaging, story ideas, and media training.
TASKS: Facilitate a brainstorming workshop for collaborative members to develop communications goals and objectives:
• Capture master narrative and communications goals
• Create unified message
• Generate Story ideas
From this workshop, develop a year-long communications and outreach plan and strategy, including the following:
• Timeline chart for the rest of the year
• Blog/article timeline and implementation schedule
• Social media strategy across major social media platforms
• Identification of regional and national media targets
Create a messaging kit that includes boiler plate messaging that will support outreach and engagement with external audiences. This language can be repurposed and adapted for multiple types of communications collateral (e.g., web site text, grant proposals, press releases, email blasts, crowdfunding campaigns, etc.). Specific items within the kit include:
• Brochure / Factsheet: Update the Collaborative’s factsheet and add pictures.
• Press Release Template: Develop press release structure and press releases as needed during contract period.
• Tagline: Create tagline that vividly and immediately communicates the Collaborative’s mission and impact.
• Who We Are: 100-word (approx.) blurb using efficient, compelling language that describes who the Collaborative is and its overarching purpose.
• The Problem: 2 – 3 concise paragraphs framing the issue(s).
• What We Do: 1 – 3 paragraphs conveying the Collaborative’s mission, model for achieving impact, and why it’s effective.
• Our Projects: Messaging and descriptive information for the Collaborative’s projects.
• Victories: Compelling, easy to digest, bulleted list of what Collaborative has accomplished thus far.
• Get Involved / Join the Movement: A call to action for Collaborative’s target audience.
Conduct 2 trainings with RFdT partner/collaborators
Create a simple webpage for the Collaborative
Who is the Collaborative
Formed in March 2017, the Rio Fernando de Taos (RFdT) Revitalization Collaborative is a partnership of diverse local and regional stakeholders who are united around the common goal of resolving differences and improving the health and vitality of the RFdT watershed. This group is committed to the collaborative process and recognizes the social, environmental and economic benefits of a healthy watershed to both the urban and rural context. Through regular meetings, field trips, project planning teams and other activities, this group is building trust and relationships, identifying common interests, and advancing an agenda largely defined by ecosystem restoration, cultural preservation, and organizational collaboration.
The Rio Fernando de Taos Revitalization Collaborative is made up of Private, Public, and Non-Governmental agencies:
To apply please send a cover letter and resume by February 20, 2018 to Kristina@taoslandtrust.org.
No Phone call inquiries please.
See attached PDF of post – Communications Consultant Position